DONT DO IT

fenntiger's review of eCar Insurance www.ecarinsurance.co.uk

“DONT DO IT”

Written on: 15/10/2011 by fenntiger (1 review written)

THIS FIRM SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN- I WISH I HAD CHECKED THESE REVIEWS BEFORE PARTING WITH ANY MONEY

• Never Claimed

Have you made a Claim

• Cheapest Quote

Reason for going with this company

• Third Party Fire & Theft

Cover Taken

• Male Driver

Driver Type

• None

Previous Insurance Company

Andypa38's Response to fenntiger's Review

Written on: 21/03/2012

Go straight to their complaints department and tell them you have taken legal advice and do not accept their position in regards of your cancellation charges .That you believe they are operating in contravention of the Financial Services(Distance Marketing)Regulations 2004. Give them 14 days to refund any monies owed to you or you will be requesting a \"Letter Of Deadlock\" and will be referring the matter to the Financial Ombudsman immediately. This got me back most of my deposit back when I cancelled my policy in after a week .Cancelled within the legal cooling off period and they tried to take the whole deposit off me. Quoting outrageous charges for one weeks cover! Do not put up with it!I Happen to be a Which ? magazine subscriber and so had access to a legal advisor so this was invaluable in getting back most of my deposit. Good luck.

Andypa38's Response to fenntiger's Review

Written on: 21/03/2012

Also I called Metropolitan Police today & reported the company for Fraud they would not take it on YET and I pushed. But they referred me to Consumer Direct 08454 040 506 call them and ask them to call you back so avoid the 0845 cost. My ref is: se4810810 don't know if you need that but they will give take all the info & pass it on to the appropriate Trading Standards who will call you in 7-days. Good luck to you my friend.

Fenntiger's Response to fenntiger's Review

Written on: 21/03/2012

ok cool, ty i will do that, sick of people in suits taking the little guy for a ride and ripping him off(especially when im that little guy ) thanks for advice