Stay Well Away!

Allwewantisfairnes's review of Swiftcover Car Insurance www.swiftcover.com

“Stay Well Away!”

Written on: 04/07/2013 by Allwewantisfairnes (1 review written)

Ok, so my first year quote was £260 for a 2.0L SRI Vectra but it has now risen to over £500 for a 1.4 vw polo. After being with them for 5 years they have risen their prices every year even tho I've been accumulating no claims.
In Jan of 2012 My car got reversed into by a lorry that was trying to turn around. I wasn't inside the car at the time I was about 20m away watching it happen with two witnesses. The lorry smashed my passenger window and the driver accepted all responsibility at the scene and details were swapped and the police were called.
SWIFTCOVER then told me that I would have to pay for the damage and they would reimburse me. I gave all the details to the claims department including witness statements and crime reference number.
Whilst at the SWIFTCOVER recommended glass replacement garage I explained the situation and the Manager remarked "Good Luck Trying to get your money back off them as they are the worst claim settlers in the industry". I hoped that he was wrong.
After a year and many letters and phonecalls to SWIFTCOVER and their solicitors I had still not been payed out so enough was enough, I decided to change insurers. But this was not to be easy. After agreeing with another insurer a quote for half the price of SWIFTCOVER, he then informed me that they would be unable to insure me as I had lied on my application. I was extremely confused.
He then proceeded to tell me that according to the details passed onto them by SWIFTCOVER I didn't have any No Claims bonus and that I had had an accident over a year ago which SWIFTCOVER had registered as My Fault!
It took until June of this year before They finally changed this to a no fault claim and reinstated my no claims, however I have still not been payed out. Coincidentally June was the last month that they required their monthly payment. As soon as this was done I contacted SWIFTCOVER to tell them that when my renewal is due in August not to even bother sending me a renewal offer as I would be moving to a REAL insurer-er that was only costing me £241 as opposed to the £480 I had payed them a year to do nothing.
The gentleman I spoke to apologized and said "please wait for your renewal offer from us, I think your going to be pleasantly Surprised". He was not wrong.
My renewal offer arrived this morning and It was for £520. During the conversation I have had today with them they tried telling me that the reason that their quote is so high is because of the windscreen cover, I had to laugh.
SWIFTCOVER seem like a really easy going insurance company when they are taking your monthly installments until you actually need them to carryout the duties that you pay them for. Please people be very very cautious with this unprofessional company. :(

Have you made a Claim

• Cheapest Quote

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive