Do not use

Guest's review of Co-Op Car Insurance

“Do not use”

Written on: 02/05/2012

I, like many others, didn't think much about my car insurance until i needed to use it. I was not at fault and it was a simple accident in the case of the other driver so therefore no drama in terms of who was at fault etc. Dealing with the co-op has been an absolute nightmare, i was on the phone for six hours (granted broken up by about 20 different calls, with about 40 different members of staff) in two days. Arranging a courtesy car from their recommended dealer, Albany, was also terrible with two members of staff giving me completely conflicting information and was told to "save me hassle" they would phone back as they didn't want to leave me on hold any longer (35 minutes on hold by this point)i am still waiting on them to phone me back three days later, not that i require a coutesty car anymore. On top of that i have now had two texts from "legal representatives" who would like me to make an accident claim, i can only assume that either the co-op or albany have passed on my details to these companies. I have no intention of seeing if i can make a buck on an innocent mistake and i think its disgusting that they make money passing on my private information like this. As soon as my insurance is up for renewal i will be taking my business elsewhere.

• Currently Claiming

Have you made a Claim

• Auto Renewed

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive