... oh by the way there is yet another fee to pay. Pew!!

Guest's review of Co-Op Car Insurance

“... oh by the way there is yet another fee to pay. Pew!!”

Written on: 15/04/2012

Paid for my policy online after enquiring by phone about it. There I was told that online I can choose whether I want the policy to be sent by email or post. On the entire online process I did not come across this choice so I thought it will be sent anyway by email and post as I would have needed the policy the same day in order to get a tax disk. After completion of the payment process, paying the entire policy amount, I received an email saying that the policy will be sent out within 4 days. So I called and asked them to send me the policy by email. Only there I was informed that I have to pay £15.00 for getting the policy sent by email. However, during the whole online process there was no information that they would charge an additional fee of £15 for sending a policy by email!

After a 40 minute discussion (not sure how much in workforce cost that is...) I decided to cancel the policy before it even started. Now I have to wait for 7-10 days to receive my money back... after reading some of the reviews here I am very concerned whether I will get the whole sum back!

Their website boast about the different customer satisfaction awards - I honestly wonder how and why Co-operative car insurance got it?