terrible customer service

Guest's review of Co-Op Car Insurance

“terrible customer service”

Written on: 05/03/2012

I was happy with my car insurance quote and went with the Co op last year. They promised 250points on my membership card but I only got 83points!!
I was happy with my renewal quote this year until I informed them that I would be driving less miles this year as I have moved closer to work.
Silly me, I thought being on the road less would reduce my premium as I am less likely to be involved in an accident but no! Apparently my car is more likely to be stolen as it's outside my house longer so they put my price up.

So now I have gone with Tesco...fantastic quote (£100 less)and great customer service. I waited for my renewal from Co op with my proof of no claims bonus on it to pass onto Tesco...it never arrived. Rang the Co op...have to request it...still hasn't arrived. Rang again and spoke to another morose person who told me it has been sent and that's that.
BE WARNED...I went to the co op with 6years no claims bonus and they have dropped it down to 5years 'cos it's their policy.

Have you made a Claim

• Comprehensive

Cover Taken

• The AA

Previous Insurance Company

Duvetman's Comment

Written on: 14/05/2012

I cannot agree with you more about there being terrible customer service. Policy now cancelled.