Absolutely terrible

Guest's review of Co-Op Car Insurance

“Absolutely terrible”

Written on: 19/12/2011

I purchased a Co-operative Young Driver insurance policy in May 2011. They promptly fitted a 'black box' into my car and I was promised that I would receive a proportion of my premium back every three months if I drove well.

After my first three months, my score was 5 out of 5, however I hadn't received any money back. They agreed that I was owed £96.49 back and they paid the money back on my credit card. Great! So why the one star review?

They admitted in writing that the money was owed, however this money was never received back onto my card. I telephoned their premium rate telephone number every day and often waited an hour on hold without getting through. They refused to trace the money or refund the excessive telephone call costs.

I wrote to their Customer Feedback team as well as three different Chief Executives, however all of these complaints were completely ignored. My MP also wrote to them on my behalf and never received a response. I was eventually told to take legal action if I wanted to see the money again. Not exactly very helpful!

Have you made a Claim

• Cheapest Quote

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive