Fantastic customer service

Prospect House, Thanet Way, Whitstable, Kent, CT5 3FD

rpaddock2005's review of Chaucer Direct Car Insurance - www.chaucerdirect.co.uk

“Fantastic customer service”

Written on: 11/07/2013 by rpaddock2005 (1 review written)

Had to cancel my insurance with Chaucer Direct (bought new car & Chaucer price a little expensive so accepted quote from Sainsbury Insurance)

Chaucer sent Proof of No Claims certificate straight away which I posted on to Sainsbury Insurance.

Sainsbury Insurance would not accept this because it had just one of my christian names on it (the one I am normally known by) and their computer had only recorded one of my christian names even though I gave them both when getting a quote from them.

Despite 2 phone calls with Sainsbury Insurance including me offering to email them copies of my drivers licence/passport they would not budge, I would have to either post them original Driver Licence or get my previous insurer (Chaucer Direct) to amend the new on my now cancelled policy & issue a new No Claims Proof.

No way was I going to post my licence to them so I thought I would phone Chaucer and ask if they would help, I did not really expect them to do anything after all I was an ex customer who had left them for a better price elsewhere. I spoke to Susanne at Chaucer Direct explaining my problem and asking if there was any way she could help, she was brilliant! she added my other christian name to her system & emailed me a new Proof of no Claims whilst I was on the phone. She also said if Sainsburys Insurance were to ring them they would confirm my No Claims to them over the phone.

What a contrast in looking after customers, I hope I can get a half decent price when my insurance comes up for renewal because Chaucer Direct are the sort of company i want to deal with

• Never Claimed

Driver Type

By Chaucerdirect

Written on: 12/07/2013

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that we were not competitive when insuring your new car but I am delighted to hear how helpful our team, especially Suzanne, were in helping you get your new policy set up. Sounds like quite a palava!

We take customer service very seriously here so we're always appreciative of the feedback we receive, so thank you.

All the best, and we hope you will insure with us again in the future.
Nicki