Cheap insurance but at what cost! Avoid this company!

Guest's review of Budget Car Insurance

“Cheap insurance but at what cost! Avoid this company!”

Written on: 26/07/2013

Extremely rude staff who put the phone down on you after keeping you on hold for 15 minutes!!!!
Add to that they charged me £72.44 (to be paid immediately by debit card) to cancel my insurance when I no longer had the vehicle. They then write demanding another £20.21 which I furious about. Apparently even though their own customer service advisor said I could cancel my direct debit they no say they want another months payment!!!!
Failure to pay this they inform me will result in a debt agency contacting me. I have spoken to a solicitor at my local citizens advice bureau who informs me that they can't demand further money from me when they have sent me a letter confirming the insurance is now cancelled and the final payment of £72.44 has been paid.
I never complain about anything but this company are terrible and I don't want anyone else to fall victim to them.

Have you made a Claim

• Cheapest Quote

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive