Avila stole my money

JohnGregory6's review of Aviva Car Insurance

“Avila stole my money”

Written on: 02/03/2013 by JohnGregory6 (1 review written)

My broker advised that Aviva's renewal was £1,136 but he had an alternative for £700. I found cover myself for less and bought it. Avila took the £1,136 from my bank account on the renewal date and now won't return it. They say I have agreed to "automatic renewal". I don't know when or how I did that since I only ever dealt with my broker.
I phoned them and they take no responsibility, simply telling me I agreed to it and I should contact my broker to see if I can get a refund
Beware Aviva tactics!

Have you made a Claim

• Recommended

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive

Cover Taken

• Male Driver

Driver Type

Shiblake's Response to JohnGregory6's Review

Written on: 02/03/2013

that is not true, Aviva is wrong, It is illegal to insure the same vehicle at the same time, You need to send them in prove of your new insurance cert and the date the insurance commenced. They will have to refund you in full. If they still argue with you I would call the Insurance federation or the Ombudsman. I am sure they would be interested to hear your case. Best of luck I hope the above helped