Stay away for your own good, trust me

Jimmus's review of Adrian Flux Car Insurance www.adrianflux.co.uk

“Stay away for your own good, trust me”

Written on: 23/06/2012 by Jimmus (1 review written)

Hello, basically i have now left adrian flux because i was being messed about when i wanted to move my direct debit date back just one day to go along with my pay day, which they refused me several times, causing me to be late by 1 day with payments and getting numerous letters days after i paid, saying i need to pay.
Then after 3 months of this, i gave up and left them.
My monthly payment was £189 a month apparently because my golf gti turbo 1.8 with and air filter is such a high performane car, that it had to be that high, when i now pay £75 a month with my new compant, big difference there isnt it.
I after 2 weeks, got a letter stating that i owe them £408 odds, which to my calculations, doesnt add up in any way possible.
They have not even provided me with an invoice stating any of this, just a letter of demand.
And today (23/06/2012) i recieve an e-mail stating it is now £432 roughly and that its going to debt collection.
I have filled 3 customer forms of contact from the website, and requested several phonecalls, which i got one call back whilst i was at work, so i asked can you ring back at 5 please so we can discuss this, but nobody ever has.
I admit on my part i am refusing to pay anything to anyone unless i get an invoice, because anyone could say to someone, "you owe me 1 million pounds" and if that person had some sense would want an invoice stating any charges, would anyone agree this is only fair, its not asking for much.

Debt collectors can keep chasing me all they want, because i know where i stand with this, i will not back down and its there loss because if they had only changed the date for me, i would still be a loyal customer, but they dont care about the little people anymore....

Anyway, i hope this helps people steer clear from them and stops people being roped into false pretences.

• Claimed Over a Year Ago

Have you made a Claim

• Good previous service

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive

Cover Taken

• Male Driver

Driver Type

• Lloyds TSB

Previous Insurance Company

Guest's Response to Jimmus's Review

Written on: 25/06/2012

i also had a problem with them. i purchased insurance for my car with them as they were the cheapest, two days after the insurance cert arrived by e-mail for me to check over. after spending time reading the cert i found i had made a mistake on the policy stating i had bought the car in jun 2008 when i ment to put jun 2012, so i rang them to correct the mistake (within the 7 day grace) only to find they would try to charge me £25 to correct the mistake then increase my monthly payments from £150 to £230. i find it very hard to believe that the length of time that i have owned the car is a reflection on my driving. it seems to me that it counts more if you have owned the vehicle a long time rather than have any NCB. thanks for reading my rant chris w