Auto renewal = daylight robbery

Guest's review of Admiral Car Insurance - www.admiral.com

“Auto renewal = daylight robbery”

Written on: 03/07/2013

I have been a loyal customer with admiral for a number of years with no claims. Every single year they rip me off with an inflated auto-renewal price which I have to call (within 14days) to negotiate, which isn't usually difficult as 1 x 5 minute search on go compare always has admiral offering me a far cheaper (between £50-£100) quote for the EXACT same policy....JOKE!!!

Anyway this year everything's gone digital, and they've renewed my policy automatically without sending me a renewal quote and letter - I call them - apparently they've sent it to my old email address one that I no longer use and they are now charging me almost £50 to cancel. Would be nice if they informed me that they were no longer going to sent me important documents by post.

I asked them to just match the cheaper quote they offered me via the go compare website and they say that as I'm already insured with them that now that price is not possible. The only reason it'd not possible is because you've already overcharged me for the exact same thing!!! But I can cancel my policy, pay the ridiculous admin fees than take out the SAME cheaper policy...JOKE!!!

The customer service used to be great and the agents are always polite and helpful, but on principle alone they've now lost a customer.

What they are doing is misleading, all I wanted was them to match their own quote, to charge me for this is a joke!

Guys use LV= or Tescos instead - same cover, better service, same or similar price.

• Never Claimed

Have you made a Claim

• Auto Renewed

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive