Written on: 22/06/2012
great ,finally got a better offer on premium. not the cheapest on market but we selected one that ticked the voxes for my sons needs.
1) non fault accident,parked vehicle hit by neighbour.
2)call to register accident,seamlessly passed to thiere third party legal people.Albany assistance. who proceed to try and get us to take a hire car,not courtesy car. (be aware of the difference) we would have to pay a premium of £40 for cdw. if youve driven in america you will be familiar with this term.oh none of admirals staff i have spoken too know what it meant.yes an insurance firm that dosnt know what it meant.
declined hire as we could not claim the 40 from third party and without it if vehicle was damaged on return we were liable for costs.
3) fuurthermore we recieved a credit agreement from albany ,yes if the third party fail to pay for repairs within 48 weeks we would be liable for cost of vehicle repairs on our own vehicle. confused by now,we were is that not what insurance is for.
3)finaly vehicle goes to albanys repairer,couple of weeks down no joy ,so i ask admiral senior manager to get vehicle repairs under thier supervision. finally admiral get vehicle moved to another repairer,have you noticed,they dont use same repairers, so off to second garage.
3) second garage cary out damage assesment,and notify costs to admiral. another couple weeks gone and we are now without vehicle for a month.
4) we cant get decision on repair or write of,twice it was to be written off then repaired,only after heated calls they agree repairs. (6 weeks now)we get courtesy car,as courtesy car only supplied after agreeing damage repairs. so one week later we get vehicle back.
5) happy ,well we should be,but some time later we get ongoing wear on front tyres, take it to local garage who call me in to explain serious problem with steering geoetry. and im advised to contact admiral and ask for an independent engineer to attend and inspect vehicle.so they agree and engineer comes,misses timeframe hes supposed to meet thats set by admiral.
6)will pop back in time,the admiral repairer told me a list of parts that needed replaced on the phone,including a n/s lower arm. which i had wriiten in my very comprehensive notes taken on every phone call.
7) the local garage advise n/s wishbone bent(the side hit by neighbour) im advised that wishbone /lower arm are the same item
8) so now we aare advised no mechanical work done,and it was pre existing.oh so it then comes out the albany garage included it in ththier costs/report and after talking to the admiral garage they claim that they advised admiral about wishbone but its preexistn
9( admiral claim its not on report from thier repairer.so i offer to get them into court and admiral now say their engineer removed on a different system from the claims system. but still claim pre-existing.
10) so why were we not advised on return of vehicle that the vehicle was defective and shouldnt be driven until repaired.
11) after many calls and threat of legal action im advised that they will offer 150 quid for miscommunication of info.
so what aboutthe 7 weeks premiums lsot on first visit o garages, and now another 4 weeks lying in local garage. and the two front tyres that need replacing and if advised about defect it would have been repaired and tyres would be ok.
AND THE RISK TO MY SONS LIFE AND ANY PASSENGERS OR OTHER ROAD USERS BECAUSE ADMIRALS INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS ARE FLAWED.
unfortunately the damage was not affecting the steering of the vehicle,and the wear was on the inside of front tyres.so when parking the vehicle it would not be noticeable to the eye when approaching vehicle,it came to light when i went to ask my son something as he went to pull away from house and his wheels were on a tight lock.
offer of comp still to be agreed at a higher level,and admiral repairer needs to take vehicle back for further work as the body work has been flagged up as substandard by my local garage and admirals independent assesor.
your life in thier hands .
issue still unresolved,looking at legal action.
As rated by real users
" Value for money " Read More
" Fast, Quick, Easy and very reasonable cost " Read More
" Standing Order Problems " Read More
" Not 2Gether breakdown cover " Read More
Written by Gonzo.DooDah
" Helpful, reliable, responsive " Read More