Admiral Debit Your Current Account Without Permission!!!!!!!

markymarkmark's review of Admiral Car Insurance - www.admiral.com

“Admiral Debit Your Current Account Without...”

Written on: 19/05/2012 by markymarkmark (9 reviews written)

Now, we all know that when you pay for a service on a credit card you need to be careful to protect yourself from automatic renewals. But, did you know that Admiral claim to have the right to help themselves to your current account funds on the basis of recording the debit card you paid with for the previous year? Well, I did not explicitly give my authorisation to continuous renewals when I paid with my debit card as a single payment for a years car insurance, as I thought that was impossible and if given a choice I would never give such authorisation. When it came to renewal time I received a renewal notice saying they would automatically debit my account! Where they got this idea from I have no idea as I did not give approval for such a thing. I emailed them and received a receipt for the email but no response confirming the policy would not be renewed, so after a couple of weeks I rang them. Lo and behold, no email had been received. Not only that, they claimed to have the right to debit my card! OH NO, I don't think so. Where is this in the small print? I didn't see it! Imagine if you were on holiday, in hospital or otherwise let this slip by. You'd go onto a comparison site, buy cheaper insurance, pay for it in one go on your secure debit card and then find Admiral had already taken whatever they wanted for a renewal you didn't need. I cannot stand companies who use small print and dubious practice to secure their revenue. If I want to end my policy at the end of a year, all I should have to do is ignore their sales pitch. I bought a years insurance not a lifetime subscription. I will not use Admiral again, EVER. What a bunch of crooks. Of course you realise if you have a mortgage the damage that someone helping themselves to your current account funds could do. At least with a credit card you have a few weeks to sort it out. THINK! Do not give these crooks your debit card details!

• Never Claimed

Have you made a Claim

• Cheapest Quote

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive