Even complaints aren't acted on!

TheUnicorn's review of AA Car Insurance www.theaa.com

“Even complaints aren't acted on!”

Written on: 24/08/2013 by TheUnicorn (1 review written)

I used to have an AA car policy which I cancelled this year after discovering that I could get better comprehensive cover for around 40% less than what The AA had quoted.
Despite the fact that I had cancelled in writing before renewal, The AA started sending threatening letters and phone calls about missed payments (fortunately I was shrewd enough to cancel the direct debit via my bank in good time to ensure no payments went out). I felt that the AA was well out of line so, lodged a formal complaint and guess what… more phone calls and now nasty text messages.
Having done some research I realize that The AA has been treating lots of their customers badly. Where is the Office of Fair Trading when there’s a clear pattern of rip-off behaviour? I bet they are waiting for BBC Watchdog or Rogue Traders to do all the hard work so that they can step in at the last minute and claim the glory.

Have you made a Claim

• Good previous service

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive

Cover Taken

• Male Driver

Driver Type

The Aa's Response to TheUnicorn's Review

Written on: 28/08/2013

Hello TheUnicorn, this is something that we would like to address, please email the details to chat@theaa.com including your full name, address and any policy numbers you may have to help us with this query. Please title your email Reference FOR49405. Kind Regards, The AA