Left me feeling very angry, afraid & intimadated.

Jani123's review of Thrifty Car Rental

“Left me feeling very angry, afraid and intimadated.”

Written on: 07/12/2012 by Jani123 (2 reviews written)

Landed in Calgary after a 9 hour flight which was delayed.
Arrived at the desk where a single person sat fiddling with his phone.
No lines. Waited a little to see if he would acknowledge me.
Wanted me to buy their insurance even when I even showed it to them that I have already payed for additional insurance via the website.
They were very intimidating saying very dangerous to drive without 'their insurance' told me breakdown will not be covered if I dont pay the extra right there?? asked him to get someone else to have a look.... big mistake, the other person said the same and said nothing is included and 'the website you booked with wanted us to ask you to get the extra insurance from us??!!' On asking them about breakdown the guy had a smile on his face said, ' Ya, thats not included either, can you see it is snowing and if you get stranded who is going to help you!!'
I said let me call the website and they said 'Well it will be 4 am in UK I dont think they will be there!!'
At this time i had had it. I said give me the keys I dont care.
I called the company I booked the car through, they said everything was included and they dont know why they would say something like that.

I will never ever book these guys.

Stay away and tell other people about it as well.

• November/Decemeber 2012

Date of hire (month/year)

• Canada, Calgary