Shocking service & refusing to give a refund

luke_dynowski's review of Routemasters for Hire - www.routemastersforhire.co.uk

“Shocking service and refusing to give a refund”

Written on: 11/11/2013 by luke_dynowski (1 review written)

I just wish I read the reviews before booking.

The bus turned up 20 minutes late and then stated that he did not know north London and did not have a clue on how to get to the destination. I had to direct the driver by banging on the window as the was in a isolated compartment. As I did not know the way avoiding bridges the journey was a nightmare with U turns and we had to skip a number of the stops we had agreed on the route as we were either too late or missed the stop as we were lost. Arrived 30 minutes late and half the passengers had to get a taxi. Offered 25% off another booking as compensation which does not cover the taxi costs at all. I was told by the very rude manager told that I should read the terms and conditions which basically claim that they will deliver nothing, including sticking to agreed times or getting you there on time or anything else.

• 14/09/2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• london

Country & City of hire

• Average

Condition of vehicle

• Average

Choice of vehicles

Fairness123's Response to luke_dynowski's Review

Written on: 28/11/2013

Take them to court for the money you've lost on this booking. That's what I'm doing and it's actually quite easy to do. Go to moneyclaim.gov.uk. You dont need a solicitor and the fee is reasonable. If you win they will have to pay the fee anyway. This company is ripping everyone off and they shouldn't get away with it.

Fairness123's Response to luke_dynowski's Review

Written on: 28/11/2013

Luke_Dynowski's reply to Fairness123's Comment

Written on: 09/02/2014

Hello, as per your reply, we are taking them to the small claims court, we listed our complaints and as expected, they have come back saying they did everything right and it was all our fault. We have a bus full of witnesses and a stack of emails to prove otherwise but we had hoped they would just back down. How did you get on with your case?

Thanks

Luke

Fairness123's reply to Luke_Dynowski's Comment

Written on: 17/03/2014

Hi. I won! The hearing was in the small claims court today and he didnt turn up. The judge has ordered him to refund my money and all the expenses incurred (cab fairs to/from court, photocopying, postage, court fees). If he doesnt pay, I just take him back to court again (and this will be added to his costs). Get as much evidence as poss .. photos, witness statements (make sure they're properly worded with 'witness statement' and date, etc on them). Sue his dirty, slimy behind! I also printed off lots of reviews from this website as part of my evidence of how they treat their customers. The judge was lovely and it is really straightforward. Good luck.

Luke_Dynowski's reply to Fairness123's Comment

Written on: 16/06/2014

That's excellent news, we have our court case booked for a few months time so gathering evidence now. It is interesting to know that he did not turn up, a few people have told me that they do not expect him to turn up but planning my case and evidence in case he does. I hope you get the money. I am just afraid that he will declare bankrupt and do a runner.

So glad you won, the more people who stand up to people like these, the better.

Helstar's reply to Luke_Dynowski's Comment

Written on: 07/07/2014

Hi there, we were completely let down by Routemasters for Hire and been trying to resolve this with them for weeks by phone, email and post, but have been completely ignored. We have no other choice than to take them to court as well!

But one thing we have been trying to determine is the registered address for the company as the T&Cs only gives a PO address which we've read should not be used for the court claim. We have found another address on companies house in Merton.

Also, should we issue the claim at our local court or at the Northampton Bulk Centre where most claims go?
Thanks for your help.