BEWARE booking with rentalcars.com

cskoog's review of RentalCars.com - www.rentalcars.com

“BEWARE booking with rentalcars.com”

Written on: 05/12/2012 by cskoog (1 review written)

I booked with rentalcars.com. It looked like a good deal. BUT there turned out to be TWO BIG PROBLEMS.

First you don't know the actualrental company before you book--I found out that they had given us a contract with GOLDCAR. Now, if you look up GOLDCAR on reviewcentre.com, you will see that it gets LESS than two stars! So by booking with rentalcar.com I inadvertantly ended up with one of the lowest rated car hire firms. Why are they so bad? Many reasons, but one is GOLDCAR's infamous (on the web) fuel policy where you have to pay their own inflated prices for your first tank of petrol.

Second, when I found out it was GOLDCAR---as soon as rentalcar.com sent me confirmation---I tried to cancel. They say there are no fees for cancelling, but what they do not say is that THEY DO NOT REFUND YOUR DEPOSIT IF YOU CANCEL. Since this was a hefty 35 euros you are likely to be trapped. But they offered a kind of bait and switch remedy: a rentalwith another company at almost twice the price!

They are now owned by PRICELINE, so, as they they say, when it comes to rentalcar.com, buyer beware.

Visit www.rentalcars.com