Ripped off by RENTALCARS.COM & GOLDCARS

Connex2's review of RentalCars.com - www.rentalcars.com

“Ripped off by RENTALCARS.COM & GOLDCARS”

Written on: 22/11/2012 by Connex2 (2 reviews written)

I rented a car through Rentalcars.com in August this year. The rental car company i end up with was GOLDCARS this is when the rip off started. I rented the car for £160 for 4 days this included some insurance. When i and my 3 companions reached PISA i was suprised to be charged for a full tank of Diesel @ 110 euros and more Insurance @ 100 euros they would not let me take the car without the insurance which i thought i had already paid to Rentalcars.com. So suddenly a cheap 4 day rental turned into a very expensive one. I returned the car after 4 days slightly dusty but ok. I handed the keys back along with a SatNav i had also rented and flew home.I emailed Rentalcars.com to complain about the extra charges but they said that was normal.
In September there was a £20.00 charge on my company credit card referenced PISA, i inquired with Rentalcars.com what this was for and heard nothing for a month but by the time they responded another £35 had been taken. They have told me that the charges are for the Satnav being damaged and a fine that i incurred while in Italy and paperwork will be sent to me at a time in the near future.I'm still waiting.
Please dont use GOLDCARS and RENTALCARS.COM they will rip you off.

• August 2012

Date of hire (month/year)

• Italy Pisa

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles

Visit www.rentalcars.com