Worst Experience Ever

Mylesm397's review of Hertz Car Rental

“Worst Experience Ever”

Written on: 21/07/2014 by Mylesm397 (1 review written)

Reserved a mid-size SUV in February for a trip in July online. The price I was quoted was $354.17, it even says on the quote "Amount Due at Counter". I get to Orlando International Airport with my family and go to the Hertz area where I waited in line for 2 hours. I finally get to the counter and surprise surprise, no mid-size SUV. I was given a choice of either a mini-van (unacceptable) or upgrade to a full-size SUV. I said fine, but I'm not paying more than I was quoted as this trip was budgeted. I was told I couldn't do that. So with my family sitting on theairport floor waiting to start our vacation, I was left with no choice. A mid-size SUV, that I had RESERVED months in advance that was supposed to be $254.17 turned into a full-size SUV that cost me $627.65. The people at the desk were rude, the a-hole "helping" me made it seem like he was doing me a favor. Customer service was completely unavailable. I will never, NEVER, go near Hertz again and I will steer everyone I know away from them and trash them on every review site I find.

• 7/2014

Date of hire (month/year)

• Orlando, USA

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Poor

Choice of vehicles