HERTZ- This company is worthy of 0 star review!!

BENJITYSON's review of Hertz Car Rental

“HERTZ- This company is worthy of 0 star review!!”

Written on: 24/08/2013 by BENJITYSON (1 review written)

I will certainly do my reviews more thoroughly in future and check these sites for advice. I foolishly thought that choosing to rent via a reputable company (holiday auto's) who advertised in my CSMA Club magazine would be a safe bet. Hired a hertz car via Holiday Autos. Got credit card statement on arriving home and Hertz have taken the cost of a full tank out of our account. Wish I could say holiday auto's had been helpful, but am still banging away trying to get this back- I have all receipts for fuel showing purchased fuel twice on day of departure- last one shows I did this minutes before returning the car. There are some bad bad people in the world of car rentals. Shame on them.

• July 2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• barcelona

Country & City of hire

Benjityson's Response to BENJITYSON's Review

Written on: 27/08/2013

I am the author of this review and feel that i should up-date you on progress. Credit where credit is due, i contacted Hertz UK direct because I was totally fed up with Holiday Autos poor customer services. Hertz UK responded promptly and within a few hours the money wrongly taken from us was re-credited to our account.
Incase anyone else experiences the same situation, remember: the rental slip, given to you at start of rental by Hertz is in fact an ESTIMATE of potential charges, On the front of the rental reference is made to FPO(fuel payment option) and you,re quoted an amount equivalent to a full tank of fuel for your specific car. Turn the estimate over and Hertz explain that if you have declined FPO AND return tank EMPTY they will implement the FPO charge detailed on front of rental record/ estimate . There is no box to indicate you have declined FPO, we verbally conveyed this to the rep.

Holiday autos continually rejected our claim for refund of fuel charge on the basis that we had signed the rental record with the wording FPO on it. They completely discounted the fact that we declined FPO and returned car full-providing petrol receipts in to the bargain.

Lesson learned, in future if you want a problem solved go straight to the organ grinder(Hertz) and leave the monkeys (Holiday Autos) well alone. Thank you Hertz Customer Services UK