Watch out when hiring a car in Majorca

boblow's review of Hertz Car Rental

“Watch out when hiring a car in Majorca”

Written on: 16/07/2013 by boblow (2 reviews written)

If anyone hires a car from hertz in Majorca - licence plate 6628HPM pls check the rental sheet beforehand for damage. I rented this car in June and it was shown as zero marks. At the airport the rental area is dark and there was a tiny dent in the back bumper. When you bring the car back it is inspected with torches and then you see the tiny dent and for this you are charged €100.
I have emailed Hertz complaints dept but do not get answers to my questions just the usuual corporate avoidance.
If anyone does rent this car and this tiny dent is not marked on the sheet could you pls email me so I can follow up with Hertz.
my email is bob.low@jdwilkie.co.uk

• 3rd June 2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• Palma Airport, Majorca

Country & City of hire

• Average

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles

Adamvok's Response to boblow's Review

Written on: 10/08/2013

hi there, i've just booked a car with hertz Mallorca, and being a bit nervous reading all these reviews. Please let me know what type of car that was and I'll keep my eyes open for dents.

Boblow's reply to Adamvok's Comment

Written on: 12/08/2013

the car was a Ford Focus- grey colour.
definitely need to be vigilent.