Beware - Hertz will confirm any rental regardless of availability!!

senior_at_large's review of Hertz Car Rental

“Beware - Hertz will confirm any rental regardless of...”

Written on: 02/06/2011 by senior_at_large (1 review written)

Hertz ruined our vacation.

My husband and I had been planning a driving tour of Scotland for months. We knew an automatic transmission was necessary because my husband had no experience driving on the left hand side and he hadn't driven a standard transmission car in over 25 years. Our reservation was confirmed for a car with an automatic transmission - three times. When we arrived at the Hertz counter with all our luggage the clerk told us they had no automatic cars available -- not just in Glasgow but in all of Scotland. We had hotels booked all over the highlands and could not continue our trip without a car.

By the time our vacation was over we were exhausted from the stress of trying to manage the narrow, winding roads of the Scottish highlands.

In my opinion, Hertz is a company that clearly just wants to make a buck. Customer safety and satisfaction is not their concern. I wonder how many vacations they have ruined.

• May/2011

Date of hire (month/year)

• Glasgow, UK

Country & City of hire

• Average

Condition of vehicle

• Poor

Choice of vehicles

Click here for great deals on Expedia
Deals on Expedia