Car rental ripoff

Guest's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Car rental ripoff”

Written on: 08/09/2017

I booked a car for 1 month through DoYouSpain and was given Goldcar as the supplier. I have used the site before with no problems, but this time was different. When we arrived at the airport, we were made to queue for over an hour and then our troubles began. The man serving us was rude and very abrupt. He told us we had to pay 65 Euros for the car being filled with petrol and then began to try and sell us further insurance. I showed him my Allianz policy that covered me for car hire but he told me it was not sufficient. I asked how much it was. He told me it was 5 Euros per day. This would have made the annual policy 1700 Euros, so I refused it. He then told me that because I was not taking out the insurance, that my breakdown cover would not be included either. I then started getting annoyed with his attitude and his English suddenly became very limited. The car I was given was a Toyota Aygo, not the Renault Clio I had booked, which could not get up the hills around Malaga without a great struggle, even with just 2 people and some hand luggage. Sadly, we had to return a week early due to bereavement and were told there could be no refund, instead, Goldcar charged us a further 25 Euros for nothing. The tank was still a quarter full, but no refund. This company is nothing short of disgraceful and I would warn anybody not to use them. You will pay dearly.

• August 2017

Date of hire (month/year)

• Malaga, Spain

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Poor

Choice of vehicles

Click here for great deals on Expedia
Deals on Expedia