Shocking experience never to be repeated

McWilliams476's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Shocking experience never to be repeated”

Written on: 30/08/2017 by McWilliams476 (1 review written)

The car was great, the quoted price was good and competitive.
The woman who served me at Faro airport was horrendous. She was rude, rolling her eyes at me, refusing to serve me unless I bought additional insurance and paid 100's of additional euros unless I purchased fuel, paid taxes, additional insurance, prepaid tolls, extra cost for airport pick up and more. I am skilled at working with challenging people in high pressure situations and it took all my assertiveness, patience, reasoning, distraction, avoidance and energy for over 30 minutes to manage the process.

I will never use goldcar again and if you are reading this review and considering it then I very strongly suggest you avoid them like the plague. I have siad the same to all my friends and family and trust that if this is common practice or company policy that they will be shut down before they destroy peoples holidays.

• August 2017

Date of hire (month/year)

• Faro airport, Portgal

Country & City of hire

• Excellent

Condition of vehicle

• Excellent

Choice of vehicles

Click here for great deals on Expedia

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 12/09/2017

Dear customer,

Thank you for your comment. We're always trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.

We’re very surprised with your comment. Our staff is trained to offer an efficient, personalized, satisfactory and polite customer's attention. Furthermore, we have one of the youngest and most extensive fleets in Europe with over 50,000 vehicles which, on average, are less than one year old.

On the issue you described, please let us explain we're surprised that you had a bad experience when you collected your vehicle. Our colleagues should remain courteous and respectful at all times. Customer feedback is a key part of our staff appraisal process so your comments are important and will be taken into account. We invest continuously in training so that our colleagues understand and adhere to our standards and guidelines for Customer Services.

Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

Kind regards.