Dishonest

philhawthorn's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Dishonest ”

Written on: 26/08/2017 by philhawthorn (1 review written)

Don't touch them, if something looks to good to be true, it generally is. They charged me extra for a fuel deal (which they explained very badly) whereby I apparently wouldn't have to return the tank full. It sounded dodgy to me, so I filled the tank up anyway and then they charged me again for fuel.

I'll be going with the more reputable firms in future.

• 1/8/2017

Date of hire (month/year)

• Italy

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Average

Choice of vehicles

Click here for great deals on Expedia

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 27/08/2017

Dear customer,

Thank you for your comment. We're always trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, , please let us explain that fuel policy is clearly indicated on our website.

In the first place, you can choose Flex Fuel system, with which you leave a deposit for a full fuel tank the day you pick the car up, and when you return it, the amount of used fuel will be charged by Goldcar and your deposit will be refunded. This rate has management costs due to several advantages attached to the own service, and they are specified on our website, in the SDR section.

On the other hand, you also can choose Full Fuel system, with which you leave a deposit for full tank, receive the car full of fuel and you have to return the same way, with the full tank. If the fuel tank is not full, the amount of missing liters will be deducted from money you initially left as a deposit. You can check this information by visiting our FAQs website.

Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

Kind regards.
Victoria R.
Goldcar Representative.

Seang79's reply to Goldcarrental's Comment

Written on: 13/09/2017

This is incorrect! At the rental desk, I specifically requested a full to full fuel option and was categorically told that this was not possible but that I would be refunded for any unused fuel.

I returned the vehicle fully fuelled and low and behold your company charged me over €50 euros for fuel, to fill a tank that was brim full!

Regarding additional insurance, at the desk, I was told that I had to prove I had 100% insurance or take the Goldcar insurance, which was €220 for a rental that I only paid £60 for! I was told I could go elsewhere, but the hire had already been prepaid!!

Regards