Stay away from them

Chafi123's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“Stay away from them ”

Written on: 18/08/2017 by Chafi123 (1 review written)

The pick up of this car with Goldcar was the worst experience I had in my life in picking up a car. And I certainly rented a lot of cars all around the world.

the first instant, when they told me that what I had paid for the full insurance with AXA was no good at all, saying that AXA sold me a useless insurance. They clearly do this all the time as they had a copy of AXA's T&Cs all overwritten with the alleged undercovers. They mentioned ridiculous costs for repairs as examples.

Then, the damage report on the car did not include all the damages the car had. And it was a huge problem having them acknowledge this. They kept me waiting 15 minutes at the desk just for the sake of it. And they enjoyed doing so!

Then as it is in many reviews here, having a report of the return of the car in perfect conditions was a new huge problem.

And then there's the gas. I drove less than 300 km and they charged me for 35 litres... No car consumes 12 litres/100 km!!

Stay away from them !

• July/2017

Date of hire (month/year)

• Spain / Palma De Mallorca

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Average

Choice of vehicles

Click here for great deals on Expedia

By Goldcarrental

Written on: 27/08/2017

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your comment. We're always trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.

After reading your comment, we understand that you booked a third party's coverage.
Therefore, we'd like to explain you how our coverage policy works. We always make the customer choose from two different options: you can purchase our additional coverage or you can leave a deposit in which you'll be liable of any damage made to the car, as our agent explained you at the counter.

We are aware that third parties offer customers their own coverage, as in your case, but it should be explained that this coverage is only applied when a charge is debited from the deposit left by the customer to the rent-a-car company, this is how the third party's coverage policy works. This information must be given by your broker.

We always recommend our additional coverage to customers for their peace of mind because thanks to it, they will be fully protected in case of an accident and we won't be liable if any damage is made to the car.

Regarding the damages on the vehicle, please note that in order to pick up a car it is compulsory to block a deposit on a valid credit card. Our staff will always inspect the cars after each use and will mark the damages on the check-out sheet, however, we always ask customers to double check this since the cars can receive damage during their stay in the parking lot. This way both parties are aware of the damage that the car has on it before departing. On return, if our agents find damages that were not marked, they proceed to investigate and if it's considered that it occurred during this rental period, the customer will be charged for it.

Please refer your case to our Customer Service department by opening a query through our website. That way, they’ll get in touch with you and manage your case ASAP in order to clarify this matter.

Kind regards.