COMPLETE RIP OFF

PamelaB1048's review of GoldCar Rental - www.goldcar.es

“COMPLETE RIP OFF”

Written on: 29/04/2012 by PamelaB1048 (1 review written)

We hired a car from this company on our recent trip to Portugal. We like to see around the local area we are staying in, so we decided to hire a Fiat 500. 88 Euros was the charge so I reserved the car and off we went.

We arrived at the Goldcar offices and were asked for passport, drivers license, credit card. The advisor was very matter of fact, no eye contact was made. We were told that the cost of the car was 88 Euro, i agreed with him. Then he announced that we would have to pay an additional 100 Euro for the insurance for CDW. I challenged that the online information included CDW - apparently it does not cover the excess of 750 Euro. It was up to us o take it or not but if we didnt we had to pay for the excess upfront. 750 Euro at the start of my holiday - i dont think so. We were then told that we had to pay another 90 Euro for the tank of fuel. It was then that I asked what sort of care we were getting, bearing in mind that I asked and booked a Fiat 500. Apparently we were having a Volkswagen Polo. I challenged the cost of the fuel and was told it was 1.70 euro per litre plus a refuelling charge.

The advisor then said something about the tolls on the motorway, we did not catch what he said and he was not very forthcoming to repeat himself. As a result, we avoided motorways like the plague.

MY 88 EURO CAR ACTUALLY COST 275 EURO.

This is a total rip off. Fuel at the pump cost 1.55 per litre.

As a result, we had to drive every day to use up the 860 kilometres worth of fuel that was in the car. We found it very challenging to do this but we were not going back to Goldcar with fuel in the tank.

I will NEVER use this company again.

• 21st - 28th April 2012

Date of hire (month/year)

• Faro Airport, Portugal