FIREFLY CAR RENTAL

JustinMcCrae's review of Firefly Car Rental

“FIREFLY CAR RENTAL”

Written on: 21/08/2013 by JustinMcCrae (1 review written)

After waiting in a lengthy queue outside their office, in Alicante airport, the 'assistant' never made eye contact with me while she very quickly waffled on about insurance in broken English - basically I was told that I had to purchase extra insurance that was not on the original agreement, or leave a large deposit on my card. I didn't want to do either, then she went on to further waffle that if I didn't I wouldn't get the car. So £210.00 befor the holiday begins - great! Why are they not upfront and honest about this??! Then the car...... I booked, via DoYouSpain.com, a Seat Ibiza(or similar). The car I was given was a Lancia Ypsilon which is in no way similar to a Seat Ibiza, other than having four wheels. When I pointed this out they waffled on about it having four doors with hidden handles on the rear doors. In size the Lancia is similar to a Fiat 500 not a Seat Ibiza - I parked next to both these vehicles during my stay and made comparisons. All in all Firefly staff were rude, abrupt, rushed, inconsiderate and only bothered about selling insurance. DO NOT USE FIREFLY CAR HIRE!

• August 2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• Spain, Alicants Airport