A very good company

williamlarkin's review of FASTCarhire www.fastcarhire.co.uk

“A very good company”

Written on: 30/08/2012 by williamlarkin (1 review written)

I have used Fastcarhire four or five times in the past few years and in general have found them excellent and by far the best value on the web.I actually used them twice this summer, once in France and once in Valencia, Spain.The web site is very easy to use and until my last experience, communication has been excellent.
On my last hire in Valencia,Spain, I had a few issues. I made my initial enquiry and was given the usual options , which were excellent value. When i went to make the booking a few weeks later, it took a few days for them to reply that they had no cars available for my dates in any category! I found this a bit hard to believe so i questioned it, and it took about a week for them to respond that they did have a car.I went through the usual booking procedure where normally you pay a deposit, and pay the balance on collection of the car. This time however, again about a week later, I received a prepaid voucher which didn't mention the balance due as it normally would. I queried this and never received an answer at all!
All became clear when my Visa bill came and i realized i had paid the entire fee in advance, which wasn't a problem but I wasn't aware at the time that i was doing so.So I suppose what i'm saying is that communications during this transaction were very poor. However, in the past I have had excellent experiences with Fastcarhire. In almost every instance I have received a car superior to the one i booked, and never any extra charges since i always buy third party excess insurance separately(this can save you a fortune). Once, in Turkey, they even arranged to have a car delivered to me at a train station at no extra charge.
In summary, I have found them to be a very reliable car hire company, and i don't think you will find anyone to beat them on price. I do recommend them to all my friends, and hope the communication problems i had last time were a one off and that normal service will resume!

• 8/2012

Date of hire (month/year)

• Valencia, Spain