Bad experience

Guest's review of Europcar

“Bad experience”

Written on: 27/09/2013

I have a few complaints about Europcar, two of them worth mentioning:
- After hours pick-up fee … in case your flight arrives on weekends, or after regular business hours, you'll be charged a "Pick-up station after hours charge", ranging between € 25.00 and € 45.00 (somewhat arbitrary, but think it depends on location)
- Customer service when dealing with traffic fines … totally my fault to have run a yellow light (note: yellow, not red), but a fine for € 56.00 cost me in the end € 105.00, due to an additional € 24.00 administration charge from Europcar, and a € 25.00 international money transfer fee from my bank. Europcar's administration fee was billed to my credit card, which they had when I rented the car, but they refused to bill the fine also from my credit card, because "we are not allowed to do that." Again, I don’t fault Europcar for my violation, but overall due to their policies cost me an extra € 24.00 due to their administration charge + € 45.00 due to their "Pick-up station after hours charge", and partially for the € 25.00 international money transfer fee due to them not allowing to pay it with my credit card. An unnecessary extra of € 94.00.
With this in mind will not use Europcar's service ever again.

• august

Date of hire (month/year)

• Austria

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles