Claim for damages not done by me

Declan239's review of Enterprise Car Rental

“Claim for damages not done by me”

Written on: 24/08/2014 by Declan239 (1 review written)

I had the misfortune of booking a car via my company from Enterprise. The car was dropped off (dirty), but other than that all OK. When it was collected, the driver was quite rude and pointed out a stone chip (about the size of the tip of a ballpoint pen) and said I had done it. I stated that it was probably there when it was dropped off, as the windscreen was so dirty it woul dnot have been noticed. The guy was quite rude saying I would have to sign saying he did not do it (I'm still not clear how someone can 'do' a windscreen chip). I refused.

The next thing, I got an insurance claim saying that I has caused a chipped windscreen and a 4 inch dent in the boot - which there definately was none when they took the car back. I have refuted the claim, but I think if a hire is through a company, they see it as an easy way to make money in raising false claims.

I would never rent from then again. I would recommend that anyone that does rent from them, should take photos of the car, in the presence of the person you hand it back to - preferably with them in the phot, so there is not doubt when they were take.

• August 2014

Date of hire (month/year)

• Orpington

Country & City of hire

• Poor

Condition of vehicle

• Average

Choice of vehicles

Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 25/08/2014

We’ve taken note of your comments and would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to care[at]enterprise[dot]com including the exact rental location, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

Please reference Number 140825-002922 in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Social Monitoring Coordinator

Merlinsfield's Comment

Written on: 01/09/2014

Hi, I've just had a similar experience with enterprise and would be interested to know if you managed to resolve this with them?
Kindest regards