Don't waste your time or money

yeHastings42's review of Enterprise Car Rental

“Don't waste your time or money ”

Written on: 22/08/2014 by yeHastings42 (1 review written)

I dealt with the Edinburgh City Centre branch in July this year. I had booked and pre-paid this car hire through a travel agent in Australia.

When we arrived to pick up the car, they told us that they had been trying to get into contact with me because the car we had hired had been written off (I had no calls or emails). No cars were available at that branch for several days, and the surrounding car hire companies had closed at that stage of the evening.

When asked whether an alternative car had been/could be arranged they said they had none available; as the Enterprise branches were franchised they couldn't organise one from another branch.

They told us that the only option was to travel to Edinburgh airport, as that branch had "150 vehicles available and we will definitely be able to pick up a car when we show them our invoice".

There were no apologies or offers of assistance.

We paid for our bus tickets and set out to the airport. After waiting in line at the Enterprise branch for an hour the attendant was very helpful and sent us to speak with his manager.

The manager told us that there were no cars available for us. She also noted that the Enterprise policy is to upgrade the customer to another vehicle where our car is unavailable, and the lady that had served us at the city branch hadn't bothered to organise any alternative. She agreed that their level of service was pathetic.

We had no other option at this stage but to go with another company, Sixt,and pay more over the counter. Sixt were very helpful.

It took us 3 hours in total to travel to the airport, wait in line at two different companies, and organise another car.

Upon arriving back in Australia we were refused a full refund for the booking because the broker, Drive Away, has taken a commission. It has been 7 weeks of Enterprise and Drive Away arguing over who should cover the commission/booking fee, and I am left out of pocket over $100. At this stage, I have sent a number of emails and made a number of calls but it just a "waiting game" to see if the "booking fee" will be refunded (even though I received NO SERVICE for my payment).

Lessons learned:

DON'T book a car hire through a travel agent, it just gives you more agencies to deal with.

DON'T book a car with Enterprise. Despite lodging a complaint 7 weeks ago, we haven't had any apologies or feedback.

We are out of pocket, and incredibly p-d off. I will be going out of my way to make sure my friends and family do not use their services in future.

• July 2014

Date of hire (month/year)

• Edinburgh, Scotland

Country & City of hire

Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 22/08/2014

yeHastings42,
Thank you for bringing this service to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please email us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with the complete details. Include your contact information, reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with with the Edinburgh City Centre branch.

When emailing, please place reference number 140822-001893 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Mitch
Social Media Coordinator
Enterprise

Consumer42's Comment

Written on: 23/08/2014

Thank you Mitch, I have emailed you twice already. The first time was on the 11th of July and then I sent it off again yesterday through your website. It includes names and a lot more detail.