Windscreen chip

Totallymiffed's review of Enterprise Car Rental

“Windscreen chip”

Written on: 13/08/2014 by Totallymiffed (1 review written)

On Monday 11/10/14 arrived at Stanstead Enterprise to pick up a Renault Traffic Master van we had hired for a trip to northern Scotland. Forgot my reading glasses so had to trust the employee to show me where to sign on the forms. Van wasn't there so had to stand and wait for 30 minutes. When it arrived we went round it with the employee looking for damage to it and it appeared okay. It was all a bit of a rush as they had a lot of people waiting and we had a long journey and were now already late. During the journey north a crack appeared suddenly at the bottom centre of the windscreen. We stopped and had a look at it and saw that it came from a small chip about 2 millimetres in size just below the wiper in a place where you would not notice it normally. Nothing had hit the windscreen as we would have heard it so I have to assume that the small chip was already there and driving over a bump or a rough bit of road had caused it to crack. I reported it on handing over the van the following morning. They now are trying to get me to pay £850 pounds to have the window replaced. I thought I must have been fully covered as instead of the original £162 priced when the booking was made I had in fact had to pay £362. Teach me to have my reading glasses and not trust the employee. To check for even the tiniest nick or mark on the vehicle you would have to spend a good 30 minutes going over everything as its a big vehicle. Not easy when the vehicle is wet and you are being hurried along. I doubt I would even then have seen the tiny chip in the windscreen due to its position. I have hired vans on a number of occasions from other companies but will not be doing so from Enterprise again. They insist that their employees are trained to looked for the smallest chips on the windscreen and would not have missed a chip. (Yeah right, employees always work perfectly!!!) The only enterprise involved seems to be trying to get as much money out of the customer as possible. If I have to go to court over it I will as it has really annoyed me.

• August,2014

Date of hire (month/year)

• UK Stanstead

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Average

Choice of vehicles

Enterprisecares's Response to Totallymiffed's Review

Written on: 14/08/2014

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140814-003014. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprisecares's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment