Shouldn't be allowed

Nannywonga's review of Enterprise Car Rental

“Shouldn't be allowed”

Written on: 27/02/2014 by Nannywonga (1 review written)

Picked up van to move my sister, all seemed fine on walk round so paid hire fee plus optional insurance with my credit card.
Upon returning van to BODMIN branch, lo and behold they found a small dent in the sill underneath step on the side panel door. It wasn't even possible to see unless you bent right down and inspected really closely as it was on the underside of the step, and yet the guy went straight to it. No amount of protesting would sway them and they took £350 for the "damage" , £240 OF WHICH WAS FOR PAINT! Dent was no bigger than 2inches and very shallow, could easily have been pulled out and sprayed for less than £50 at any reputable garage.
The cost of the repair coupled with the fact that I'm not at all convinced that I was responsible for said damage leads me to say don't go near ENTERPRISE CAR AND VAN HIRE EVER!
Whilst they may appear to be by far the cheapest, it's a total rip off and to those on this site who are singing their praises. I'd say- you've had a very lucky escape so cut your loses and never go back. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

• October2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• Bodmin, Cornwall

Country & City of hire

• Average

Condition of vehicle

Enterprisecares's Response to Nannywonga's Review

Written on: 13/03/2014

Nannywonga,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with complete details, including the exact Bodmin rental location, your contact information, rental agreement number and any further information regarding this experience.

When emailing, please list reference number 140313-001944 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Mitch
Social Media Coordinator
Enterprise

Den15's Response to Nannywonga's Review

Written on: 30/04/2014

I'm convinced it's all part of their training, almost same thing happened to me, see my review at the “Tricks of the trade”