Wakefield Enterprise Branch-Appauling Customer Service

Maz1363's review of Enterprise Car Rental

“Wakefield Enterprise Branch-Appauling Customer Service”

Written on: 27/02/2014 by Maz1363 (1 review written)

I am a first time customer at Enterprise Rent A car- I was in between buying cars. They took £300 for the hire car rental, plus a £220 deposit whichwas SUPPOSED to be refunded ‘the £300 included the additional £11 per day which is supposed to waiver my excess from a ridiculous £700 to £100 in the event of an accident’ I was shown the car. The lady told me this is a diesel car. Then she said let me double check for you. She opened the fuel cap looked inside and said, ‘yes it’s a diesel’ I drove the car for a week, purchased my new car on the weekend. There was no sticker on the petrol cap stating diesel, or unleaded and as instructed by the lady at Enterprise I put diesel in the car over the weekend. I was to return the car on Monday and it did not start. Rang enterprise who told me to contact the AA and they will collect the car from my house. The AA, managed to start the car, I was informed the car was fit to drive.I passed this info on to Enterprise who said we don’t usually do this but we will collect the car for you as you are at work. When they came to collect the car it would not start, resulting to a 2nd callout to the AA (which enterprise want to bill me for)who discovered that the car was in fact a petrol NOT a diesel. The branch said they will not refund my deposit and not only that but they tried to take further funds from my account WITHOUT my permission. I spoke to a few friends, who informed me that this is not the first time that this branch, correction this lady has misinformed customers regarding the fuel. Forget an apology for providing me with incorrect info, they tried to play the blame game. Not only this when I asked the branch manager to give me the area managers details , he gave me an incorrect phone number & an incorrect email address. When I finally spoke to the area manager to investigate why customers are being given incorrect information, he said this lady has worked with us for years and I will ask her if she has given you incorrect information, hence doubting the customer and instead of addressing the issue and empathising with the customer, claimed that I owe the company £350 in fuel & call out charges to the AA. Absolutely outraged at negligence on Enterprise and the way my complaint is dealt with and how they are trying to get out of reimbursing my losses. Very poor customer service.

• uk

Country & City of hire

Nannywonga's Response to Maz1363's Review

Written on: 27/02/2014

Yeah, once they have your credit care details they jack you up and just take what they want, I don't understand how they can get away with it. If you read the reviews it's the same story up and down the country. Had I of seen this site before I used Enterprise, I'd be £350 better off and as I only have a pension it's a lot of money to lose.

Enterprisecares's Response to Maz1363's Review

Written on: 13/03/2014

Maz1363,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at Care[at]Enterprise[dot]com with complete details, including the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement number and any further information regarding this experience.

When emailing, please list reference number 140313-001925 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,