Car rental to avoid

Simon_SIkorski's review of Enterprise Car Rental

“Car rental to avoid”

Written on: 19/12/2013 by Simon_SIkorski (1 review written)

Having purchased a voucher for car rental from rentalcars.com, (Booking reference number 284434018) I arrived to collect my designated hire car from Enterprise, Oswald St, Glasgow on 4/10/13.
However, after an interaction with a Management Trainee Intern, I was told that I was not allowed to have the hire car. During the course of our interaction, trainee refused to maintain eye contact with me and questioned me about my duration of residence in this country. Although I am a native Polish person, I have been a resident of this country for six years.
Next I've been asked if I had certain paperwork; however, as I did not have the specified items she began a computer verification- for which she asked for my address. I clearly stated my address, yet she repeatedly asked me for it again numerous times. Consequently, I am unsure as to whether she entered the correct address into the computer.
At no point did she inform me that if the computer verification was unsuccessful I would be refused the vehicle.
After bluntly informing me that I could not have the vehicle, the trainee provided no further help about obtaining a substitute vehicle. She was dismissive of my questions and provided no alternative. Shocked by her inadequate communication of the computer process I attempted to complain. At which point, she stated she would get the manager. Another assistant appeared, whom it later emerged, was not the manager but merely a supervisor. The supervisor’s demeanour was also unhelpful and I felt she simply wished to get rid of me. Upset by her impolite manner, I left the building.
Having explained the situation to my girlfriend, who is a native U.K. resident, she journeyed to Enterprise, Oswald St in Glasgow. Upon arrival, she directly approached the Assistant Manager who was very helpful and attempted to resolve the situation. This was a lengthy and stressful process as myself and my girlfriend were meant to be departing for a holiday weekend that afternoon. However, sadly the manager could not rectify earlier mistake. Subsequently, I was still unable to obtain a hire car from Enterprise and this resulted in us losing the first day of our holiday. I also lost the full price that I paid - £53.94. Despite extensive communication with rentalcars.com, they were unable to give me a refund as the fault lies with your company.
I DO NOT recommend this car rental to anyone. Believe me, you don't want to go through that. I paid the money and I didn't get the car, plus they destroyed a romantic holidays. Go there if you want hours of pain and a crying girlfriend.

Simon Sikorski

Enterprisecares's Response to Simon_SIkorski's Review

Written on: 19/12/2013

Simon,

We’ve taken note of your comments and would like to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 131219-000537 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,