Excess rip off

poorservicefrustration's review of Enterprise Car Rental

“Excess rip off”

Written on: 30/11/2013 by poorservicefrustration (1 review written)

Beware, I recently was charged excess for tyre wall damage after a short rental. I foolishly checked every thing but the tyres, maybe I should have got them to turn the tyres so I could check 360. Net result it turned out to be a very expensive rental. In 20 years of renting cars, but first time with enterprise, this is the first time I have had my excess taken. I will never use Entrprise again. They maybe cheap up front, but they get you in the end.

• November 2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• Guilford UK

Country & City of hire

• Poor

Condition of vehicle

• Poor

Choice of vehicles

Enterprisecares's Response to poorservicefrustration's Review

Written on: 03/12/2013

Hi, my name is Chris and I am on the social media team at Enterprise. I would like to discuss this further and see if there is something my team could do to make this a more positive experience. Please email me with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please refer to incident #131203-001964 when responding. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent A Car

Poorservicefrustration's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 04/12/2013

Incident # 131203-001964
Agreement Number: 156530

My issue is that I was charged £100 excess for tyre damage on a recent hire. On pick up I was not told to check the tyre wall, and as it was early morning and we were checking the car out by the busy Ladymead dual carriageway (even the manager thinks it is a dangerous place for a rent a car location), I checked the paint work and rims but not the tyre walls, it may have been that this was at the bottom of the tyre and therefore unseen, I am sure that there was no issue to damage the tyre during the hire. I was shocked and disappointed on return to find that my card would be charged for tyre wall damage. I think that this is unfair. I rent a car for around 8 weeks a year. This is the first time I tried Enterprise, the first time i have ever been charged excess and will now be the last time I use Enterprise.

The guy who checked the car in was the same chap who checked me out, he also tried to charge me for a small chip on the windscreen which fortunately I had spotted during the check out and insisted that he make a note of. It was very disappointing that he would even raise this and try it on.

The fact that I was not asked to check the tyre wall and then to be billed is I believe unfair. Please reconsider this and credit me back me £100.

Thank you in anticipation of your consideration.

Yours sincerely

Enterprisecares's reply to Poorservicefrustration's Comment

Written on: 05/12/2013

poorservicefrustration,
Thank you for this information. Can you please email Care@Enterprise.com with your contact information and the exact location this occurred at? We look forward to hearing from you and following- up.
Mitch