Enterprise: We'll take you for a ride -Bogus 'Damage' Claims

Babis's review of Enterprise Car Rental

“Enterprise: We'll take you for a ride -Bogus 'Damage'...”

Written on: 24/10/2013 by Babis (1 review written)

I rented a car in Southampton, UK for a week. The car was picked up on a dark rainy evening so any possible marks or scratches could not really be discerned on the initial inspection. I was concerned but the employee was complacent about the condition of the car. I returned the car a week later, on a bright sunny day. Another employee inspected it and after bending down really low, she noticed two barely visible scuff marks that had gone unnoticed before. The car was then washed and the scuff marks disappeared again when it became wet, so they would have been impossible to see on pickup. I emplained I was positive I did not damage the car and asked the employees to check previous records to see if this 'damage' is already documented. They said they picked up the car from another location prior to rental so they do not have the records. Well, that makes it so convenient to charge multiple customers for the same scratches... My £200 deposit is being witheld and I am being accused of 'damage' I never did. I did not have similar issues with multiple rentals in Enterprise branches in Germany but, apparently, UK customers are taken for a ride...

Too many other customers have had the same issue and are being charged for preexisting barely visible marks called 'damage' upon return. It's about time someone looks into these dishonest claims. I will not be blamed for 'damage' I did not do and will be taking this up with the Insurance Fraud Bureau if I have to.

I regret having been a faithful Enterprise customer, time to switch.

Enterprisecares's Response to Babis's Review

Written on: 24/10/2013

Babis,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at Care@Enterprise.com with complete details, including your contact information, rental agreement number and any further information regarding this incident.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 131024-001833 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,