wish I had read the reviews before

Guest's review of Enterprise Car Rental

“wish I had read the reviews before ”

Written on: 17/10/2013

as per the subject line, wish I had read the reviews before, booked with them through Auto -Europe (which I had booked with before but the previous time was with Europcar and the service was amazing) where you only find out the company you're renting from only once you've got the voucher.

Similar story as other people. I arrived to pick up a vehicle only to find out I was upgraded for free, quick release of the car (after they had sold me extra insurance to reduce excess etc etc etc), drove off (there was no initial inspection, just handed me the keys). Dropping the vehicle off - there's a chip in the windscreen (which I am 99.9% sure has not happened while I was driving the vehicle, surely you would notice such a thing?), I had to sign for damage and they took the £100 extra saying "how glad they were I paid for the excess as the windscreen repair is £500" - well not quite, that's windscreen replacement not repair (their bad as I had to check few weeks ago due to a scratch on my windscreen), they of course promised that they will refund any excess if the chip repair is cheaper than the £100 they deducted "but it will take several weeks to get the invoice". I feel really angry with myself that I had not checked the car but instead trusted them explicitly. All in all, a really cheap rental online turned out to be over £200 for 2 days... I would gladly put it down to bad luck if it wasn't for the fact that as it turns out, it does happen more often and other people find it suspicious too...

• Excellent

Condition of vehicle

Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 24/10/2013

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at Care@Enterprise.com with complete details, including the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement number and any further information regarding this incident.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 131024-001698 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,