Females beware of Enterprise!!!

Guest's review of Enterprise Car Rental

“Females beware of Enterprise!!!”

Written on: 10/10/2013

I consider myself to be a careful driver, I've driven around Europe and many countries throughout the world without any problems. Recently I needed to move my stuff from South Wales to London and decided the best way was to hire a van and drop it off at the other end to save a round trip and all the time and expenditure that entails. On collection I was allocated a medium sized van and told not to worry about certain scratches etc as they were wear and tear and not a problem. After unloading in London I drove to Heathrow and dropped off the van, I'd had a long day and still had to get the tube back to London.The guy at the Heathrow Enterprise depot looked around the van and pointed out the scratches and a slight dent in the back door,I told him that the guy in South Wales was so complacent about the condition of the van that a close inspection was not carried out and that I was positive that I had not damaged it. He insisted that I signed for the 'damage', I did so under duress as I felt vunerable and didnt want to stand and argue with him.
Later that week I was informed that £850 would be taken from my bank account to pay for the 'damage', I contacted Enterprise and was told that an effort would be made to recover as much as possible after the repair. I have since been informed that at least £500 would have to be paid.
This is extortionate, especially when their apparent 'complacency' on hiring out the vehicle is to blame.
I have read other reviews which refer to their initial laissez-faire attitude when releasing the vehicle and then the inevitable payback when returning the vehicle.I feel I was taken advantage of because I was a woman on her own and if I end up paying for damage that I am not responsible for I will be taking this further, seriously!

Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 10/10/2013

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at Care@Enterprise.com with complete details, including the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement number and any further information regarding this incident.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 131010-002121 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Mitch
Social Media Coordinator
Enterprise

Babis's Comment

Written on: 24/10/2013

Well, I am a man, and had the exact same experience in Southampton, UK. I will post separately.