Enterprise Car Rental review

turbot99's review of Enterprise Car Rental

“Enterprise Car Rental review”

Written on: 18/09/2013 by turbot99 (1 review written)

Rented a car from Toulouse airport from enterprise/citer rental. Car offered at the airport (3door) was not what we had booked (5door). After a short wait a five door substitute was found.

On inspection there was damage to the bodywork, tree sap on the door panels and the radio aerial was missing. None of this was detailed on the form. Car presented in "perfect condition", hmmmmm. Check carefully renters!

Handed back the keys at end of rental, all smiles, no problems, thank you for your business sir, see you again etc etc.

2 days later after returning to the uk, a bill for 65€ for washing the car. Rather excessive and completely unexpected.

3 weeks later I am still awaiting a response from what is laughingly referred to as ccustomer service.

I have spoken to 3 different people in the UK. After my original phone call where the operator took all details and composed an email sent to french customer service, i heard nothing. after 10 days i tried calling. emailing. calling again. more emails. silence. No response.

One of which gave me a number for international customer service. This turned out to be a specific number for Spanish customer service.

Spain gave me the number for French customer service, very friendly asked me to send an email detailing the complaint. I did. Then I sent it again. Nothing. No response.

So in summary. Nice car, reasonable renal rate. Prepare to be fleeced whilst in the air on the way back home, and be ignored when you enquire as to why exactly you have had an unreasonable deduction on your credit card.

Never again.

• 08/2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• Toulouse, France

Choice of vehicles

Enterprisecares's Response to turbot99's Review

Written on: 22/09/2013

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us with complete details, including the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement number and any further information regarding this concern.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 130922-000788 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Megan
Social Media Coordinator

Turbot99's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 24/09/2013

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in ref number: 130922-000788

It seems the quickest method to elicit a response is to post on a public review board.

Only this morning (coincidence?...) I have received an email from the original chap I spoke to 3 weeks ago, who has taken the time to follow up my complaint with the French office.

The email notes that my complaint has been upheld and that I should receive a refund in 10 working days. I remain hopeful that this will be the case.

However, if it does take 10 working days (a further 2 weeks in reality) this means that Enterprise will have withheld my money for 6 weeks! Yet it took only 10hours to take the money from my card and pop an invoice in the post.

I find it utterly unacceptable the amount of time I have had to invest in the goose chase: sending emails, holding on "helplines" (sic) 3 phone calls abroad and maybe a dozen emails, to recover MY money.

I will be glad to forward the email conversations I have had and the names of your representatives that I have encountered, but I suspect that it is the system and the atitude of the hire outlets that is flawed as may be witnessed by the number of poor reviews on this site.