Deposit return problems

ALAMUN's review of Enterprise Car Rental

“Deposit return problems”

Written on: 17/09/2013 by ALAMUN (1 review written)

Returned my hired car early on 2nd September. Due to my wife's credit card being lost my card had to be cancelled, so they told me they could only refund my £200 deposit by cheque from company HQ which could take up to 10 working days. Now they tell me it takes up to 28 days. They took the deposit from my card instantly.
I thought this was just a problem for me but reading other reviews it seems a much more general complaint. How long does it really take to make a refund ? Why can the local branch not be authorised to write a cheque or give a cash refund ?
I have no complaints about the car I hired, or the manners of the staff I dealt with, but as an example of customer care it is appalling.

• August 2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• Edinburgh

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

Enterprisecares's Response to ALAMUN's Review

Written on: 18/09/2013

We’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 130918-001774 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Carol
Social Media
Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Alamun's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 19/09/2013

Thank you for your response. I have now received your cheque for the return of my deposit. It would seem that some of your staff are misinformed about payment times.
I am pleased the matter is now resolved.

Enterprisecares's reply to Alamun's Comment

Written on: 19/09/2013

ALAMUN,
Thank you for updating us on this experience. We are glad to here you received your check refund.
Sincerely,