Be Careful

Beeper85's review of Enterprise Car Rental

“Be Careful”

Written on: 16/09/2013 by Beeper85 (1 review written)

Rented a Ford Transit van from Liverpool Norfolk Street for two days. When collecting the vehicle, my comments re the van's condition were not considered - the advisor (who was there from another branch - he also directed me to park and leave my car in an area it would have been clamped) got on with it on his own, assuring me that small bits of damage were not of concern, the check was for his benefit only. I should have taken photos!

When returning the van, which had been so very carefully looked after because of the huge excesses, the 'manager' quickly focused on a chip to the driver's wing mirror plastic surround. This was there when it was picked up and NOT done by me. The plastic was even weathered!

The manager 'decided' to just keep the deposit. I refused to authorise this or to leave until the matter was resolved. After much insistence the manager decided to 'check the system' as the van would have been checked over by others before we took it... yeah...

Rather conveniently, he quickly found that the van was from 'another depot' and there was some damage recorded that could be matched up. The cynic in me says this damage was known all along in the hope consumers do not know their rights or are not prepared to put their foot down. Had I not been so insistent, the 'computer record' (real or not) would not have been found.

Left with a very bitter taste in my mouth. Still waiting for deposit as was advised it would take a couple of days.

Think carefully before hiring from these and if you do, take photos and be absolutely insistent on every bit of damage being recorded, despite what the 'helpful' staff tell you on collection!

• 13/09/13

Date of hire (month/year)

• Liverpool

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles

Enterprisecares's Response to Beeper85's Review

Written on: 18/09/2013

We’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 130918-002221 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,