Total scam merchants! AVOID!

Irish_lou's review of Enterprise Car Rental

“Total scam merchants! AVOID!”

Written on: 03/09/2013 by Irish_lou (1 review written)

Rented a small car from here for 24hours for £25. Then when you collect the car you are told of a £700 excess but you can pay £13 to reduce this to £100. Oh and fuel? To buy a full tank for £1.25/l prepaid. Pay upon return for iust what you use is over £2/l. If you don't buy their fuel you MUST return the car fully fueled. Why?!

They then walk you round the car for you to assess for scratches and have you sign off on this. At the time we collected it was dark so anything could have been hidden.

Upon returning the car we were informed that there is a rip at the inner rim in the rubber of the front driver side tyre and scratches in the hub cap as if I had driven it into a kerb. I did not do this! The car was driven on motorways and parked in a secure car park. How does this cause this possible damage?! And to charge £100 for this is a total joke. The couple in front of us had the same issue with alleged tyre damage. Still fighting to get the money back and get fobbed off by staff. Persuing it through credit card channels.

I would never recommend this company to anyone. EVER.

• 08/2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• London- Heathrow

Country & City of hire

Enterprisecares's Response to Irish_lou's Review

Written on: 05/09/2013

Irish lou,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at Care@Enterprise.com with complete details, including the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement number and any further information regarding this incident.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 130905-001911 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Mitch
Social Media Coordinator
Enterprise

Mariner92's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 11/09/2013

Don't waste your time replying to Enterprise "Customer Care", you won't hear from them again, and they will probably be having a good laugh at you while you wait.

Irish_Lou's reply to Mariner92's Comment

Written on: 18/09/2013

They' ve now sent me a letter in the post saying I owe them £70 for repairs. This is after they refunded my £200 deposit. Ha. Not a chance am I paying that

Mariner92's reply to Irish_Lou's Comment

Written on: 19/09/2013

They're unbelievable !! I've written to [name remooved] about them , and had an interesting reply . I've also written to watchdog and my local police , also got interesting replies .

Gabsmartin's reply to Mariner92's Comment

Written on: 20/09/2013

Hi there Mariner92, I am currently having a problem with this company. It has been 2 months since I rented from them and they are suddenly demanding £700, which luckily was blocked by the bank when they tried to take it. I cannot afford to pay this!! If you could email me with any information that could help me resolve this that would be fantastic. I'm on g.martin@live.co.uk

Enterprisecares's reply to Gabsmartin's Comment

Written on: 20/09/2013

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email us with: Renter’s full name
Current phone number
Location rented
Rental agreement number
“DX” or claim number
Description of the concern – this may include the original tweet or web article and/or email of details the customer submits to us.

When emailing, please list reference # (130920-000737) the subject line.