Enterprise Car Rental Review

Mariner92's review of Enterprise Car Rental

“I hired a car yesterday for 1 day, to take my disabled...”

Written on: 23/08/2013 by Mariner92 (2 reviews written)

I hired a car yesterday for 1 day, to take my disabled wife for a special day out.
I booked it on the internet, and received confirmation via E Mail, but when I got to the Grimsby depot, there was no record of it, and this was put down to a computer error. Fair enough I thought, and proceeded to carry on with the booking, and was then told that the car was not actually back yet, and would I mind waiting, which I duly did. After about 15 minutes, the car was finally back and washed, and brought round to the front, and I had a quick look around the car with the girl serving me, and saw nothing majorly wrong. I now wish I had spent a bit longer doing this!
I returned the car today, and confidently went to look around the car with the man who was inspecting it. He went STRAIGHT to a point behind the front left wheel and announced that there was damage there, which there was, right underneath the sill, a definite crease, which he said had been done recently, and wasn't there before.
The upshot of this was that I had paid the extra £10 for the damage waiver, therefore I was 'ONLY' liable for £100. I know that I did not cause this damage, we had a completely uneventful journey to and from Liverpool, and foir that type of damage to have occured, I would definitely have been aware of it. I now read that this is a very common trick performed by Enterprise. It is a shame, as until today, I was impressed with their service, but I shall now not be using their firm again.
I have also instructed my bank to pay no more out of my account than the sumfor hire plus£100, and I shall be checking that I get my £100 back as well.

• 22 August 2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• UK Grimsby

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Average

Choice of vehicles

Mariner92's Response to Mariner92's Review

Written on: 23/08/2013

And I now find they have taken an extra £100 from my account.

Enterprisecares's Response to Mariner92's Review

Written on: 28/08/2013

Hi

We’ve taken note of your post and would like to discuss this further with you. Please send us a detailed email including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 130828-002655 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,
Carol
Social Media
Enterprise Car Rental

Mariner92's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 29/08/2013

Thank you for your reply, I suspect I would be wasting my time and yours, but I will supply the required information if you could send me an e mail address to send my information to.
Regards

Mariner92's Response to Mariner92's Review

Written on: 28/08/2013

2nd update, have now got my £100 back. Fingers crossed that's the last I have to do with them.

Mariner92's reply to Mariner92's Comment

Written on: 20/09/2013

Further update

I received a call this morning from a chap called Mark, from Enterprise.
After discussing my version of events, he aknowledged that I was not happy about the situation, and without any pressure from me, offered to refund my £100, and give me a %20 reduction in the cost of my next hire vehicle.
I have to say, this was all totally unexpected, and very welcome, I hope that this is the true face of Enterprise.