Complaint

MBOOT's review of Enterprise Car Rental

“Complaint”

Written on: 23/08/2013 by MBOOT (1 review written)

We rented a van for a few hours, and upon return were informed that we had put a small indent (about 3 inches in length and very hard to detect) in the back door of the van. We adamantly deny that we caused this damage and contended at the time that it must have been present when we picked up the van but due to the very poor light conditions at the pick up point, remained unseen and therefore was not identified on the damage form.

We have subsequently been verbally informed by the Enterprise manager that this will cost in excess of £500 to repair, although requested sometime ago I am still awaiting a detailed cost breakdown.

The extremely light damage that been identified will require no parts to rectify and it is more than likely that a small amount of work with a dent puller would rectify as there was no damage to the paintwork.
It is incredulous to suggest this work will cost any where near £500. Clearly no replacement parts were required, nor any repair to the paintwork, and I have been informed by a body works specialist that a dent puller would have removed the damage. As a result this whole cost was for manual labour. This will have taken no longer than 30 minutes to repair and so this equates to a mechanic being on £1000 an hour, which is unbelievable. I have asked for a receipt for the repair work but am yet to receive one. I have taken photos of the damage and been to 3 mechanics to ask for their advice and a quote for this work, and the maximum they said they could charge for this was £100 in a worst case scenario.
This is further backed up from a plethora of websites, and having been on the website www.mrdent.co.uk, the maximum quote for a full bonnet damage is £120. The small indent that was on the van was in no way comparable to full bonnet damage.
The way the company has acted is unbelievably dishonest and I cannot describe my dissatisfaction with how the company and individuals have operated.

• 08/13

Date of hire (month/year)

• London, England

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Good

Choice of vehicles

Enterprisecares's Response to MBOOT's Review

Written on: 28/08/2013

Hi,

We’ve taken note of your post and would like to discuss this further with you. Please send us a detailed email including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 130828-002635 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,
Carol
Social Media
Enterprise Car Rental

Mboot's reply to Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 29/08/2013

Hi,

You have not left me an email address to contact you.
Please could you provide an email address.

Mariner92's Response to MBOOT's Review

Written on: 29/08/2013

Hi
Can you tell me if you have an E Mail address for this please? I too have been ripped off by Enterprise.
Cheers

Mboot's reply to Mariner92's Comment

Written on: 30/08/2013

I managed to find it on another post. Not very helpful to say "send us an email" and then not provide an email address!