Enterprise Car Rental Review

Simon4518's review of Enterprise Car Rental

“Rented a car for over 3 weeks. On return we were told...”

Written on: 22/07/2013 by Simon4518 (1 review written)

Rented a car for over 3 weeks. On return we were told that we had damaged the vehicle (a scratch/ burr on the rear bumper). We did not have any accidents that could explain the damage the vehicle - the scratch was hard to detect as it was black on black lower on the rear bumper. We suspect the scratch was already there but we missed it (when initially inspecting the car) due to where it was. We agreed to pay the excess anyway with an understanding that receipts would be supplied. Assurances that receipts would be provided was made a number of times by the staff member. Worst case scenario to repair that scratch would be 200 pounds (my son works in a panel/ paint shop). We were charged a 600 pound excess. I have recently contacted the company be email asking where the receipts are. Receipt of my email was acknowledged. But still no response and still no receipts. How many times has this company used this same scratch to those who do not pay for the extra insurance. This company is dishonest - avoid renting through Enterprise.

• uk

Country & City of hire

• Average

Condition of vehicle

• Average

Choice of vehicles

Enterprisecares's Response to Simon4518's Review

Written on: 24/07/2013

We’ve taken note of your concern and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email including the exact rental location, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 130724-002049 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,
Carol H.
Social Media
Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Scottmay007's Response to Simon4518's Review

Written on: 29/07/2013

Hired a car from enterprise in Stanstead 14th
July, when I wanted to check the car properly
they said it doesn't matter as any damage
under 4 inches is waivered. On returning the
car they checked it with a fine tooth comb
and found a tiny flap of rubber that was just
visable from about a inch away. Within
10minutes of leaving, without my consent they
took £200 off my debit card although when
signing the return for I said that we had not
made many damages I asked them to give me the
old tyre and proof of purchase for the new
one once it was changed, but they said
company policy was to destroy it. They also
kept my £50 petrol deposit, so a tyre that we
didn't damage or even need changing has cost
£250. They never emailed or called back as
promised.

Simon4518's Response to Simon4518's Review

Written on: 26/07/2013

Got a response to my email eventually. This email also had the receipts. Looks like I will get a refund for the majority of the excess taken. I'll know if it was put in the account when the credit card statement arrives. Cost for repairs was only a fraction of the excess they took (as expected). They also sent photos of the car being repaired so maybe they are above board. I'll still not rent through them again though!