Never again

Guest's review of Enterprise Car Rental

“Never again”

Written on: 06/07/2013

I rented a’B‘ Class car from Enterprise (Frankfurt main airport) picking up the car around close to 10 pm on Sunday 30th June2013. Enterprise staff Mr Walid prior to handing me the car hurriedly showed me around the car (a Fiat 500cc cabriolet) showing few dents on the sides, front and back.
Without realizing it I found out later he just marked the dent on the front and the back. He also checked the car as undamaged despite the dents he mentioned and showed. What is even worse is that the side mirror on the right side is actually cracked. I was busy trying to set up my GPS and when I noticed the cracked side mirror this Walid guy has already left in his car. I tried to find if there are other staff around but there was nobody to be found. I looked at the contract and the only telephone number I can see is the emergency number in case of accident etc. I was later shown a small printed office number which was of no use anyway as there was no one in the office that late Sunday night.
As it was getting rather late and I have almost 200kn distance to cover , I decided to drive on and deal with it later thinking that the company will work based on honesty. How wrong I was. Upon returning the car I highlighted the fact that the side mirror was cracked and told them it was handed to me in that condition, Enterprise passed the blame that I accepted the car and the damage were not noted.
Based on that, Enterprise held on my deposit with intention of charging me the cost of fixing the side mirror. First they handed me a faulty car and then they tried to charge me for the cost of fixing damage that was not my doing.
I have been warned against renting from Enterprise and now it is clear to me why. It is not so much the cost of the mirror, it is the manner and way they conduct business that spell greed and dishonesty. Needless to say I will never ever again rent from them, I will also use whatever channely and means of highlighting to the public the sneaky way they run business and pounce on their victims.

• 30thJune2013

Date of hire (month/year)

• Frankfurt, Germany

Country & City of hire

• Poor

Condition of vehicle

Clairehopkins2's Comment

Written on: 12/07/2013

this is interesting, my father just had the exact same issue. He drove the van back to the centre to highlight that the right mirror was broken, and they said that it must have been him. He was 100 % certain that he had not done it himself, and only wished he had taken a photo of the mirror before leaving. Spread the word, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, they have a large sum of money from my father. Out of sheer dignity, my dad decided not to take the van, and now we are having to get rid of a large number of items.

Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 14/07/2013

Hello, we would like to look into this concern for you. Please email us with your contact information, full name and any additional details of your experience. When emailing, please list reference number 130714-000882 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely