Need a magnifying glass when checking for damage!!!

Guest's review of Enterprise Car Rental

“Need a magnifying glass when checking for damage!!!”

Written on: 06/07/2013

Had a hire car delivered yesterday from the Scotswood Road Branch Tyne and Wear as my car has gone in for insurance repairs as someone crashed into me.
Firstly I specified that I needed a hire car delivered at 9am as was due to go out, the car never arrived until 10:40. Secondly, the car they delivered was not a like for like vehicle (I drive a Ford Focus and they delivered a VAuxhall Corsa). This was no good to me as I have three kids (a 3 month old baby who needs a car seat, a 3 year old and 7 year old who all need booster seats) and the baby also has a pram. The pram would not fit in the boot without one of the seats being folded down, this resulting in the kids not fitting in the back! Thirdly, when the car was delivered the man tried to get me to sign that there was no damage to the vehicle before I had even checked! I said to him that i wanted to check the vehicle as i have heard of people complaining about car hire companies and people getting charged for damage when they bring the vehicle back that they havent done! I then went around the vehicle to check and pointed out a few scratches to which his response was ' things like that we don't account for as they can be t cut out' so I went with his word and just ignored any little scratches. Big mistake... I now wish I had recorded any slight scratch as I have brought the vehicle back today to swap for a larger vehicle and they are trying to charge me for a scratch which is on the passenger front arch. Now we have had this vehicle for 24 hours and most certainly have not done this damage. I am absolutely furious and never want to have a rental car again but I don't know what to do now as I am without a car and have 3 children and don't know how long its going to take to repair min. :-(((

• 03/21

Date of hire (month/year)

Enterprisecares's Comment

Written on: 11/07/2013

Hi,

We’ve taken note of your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 130711-001350 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,
Carol H.
Social Media
Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Sudejay's Comment

Written on: 12/07/2013

Same thing happend to me. You have to be very careful and make sure to check every single thing properly. I hired a car from Barking branch for three days and they handed over the keys in their garage and it was bit dark inside and cannot really see sratches very well. There was a scratch and I only noticed after a day. When I returned the car they tried to charged me for that. So please be careful and make sure the handing over place not dark and check properly..