A total joke

Guest's review of Enterprise Car Rental

“A total joke”

Written on: 11/06/2013

Hired a car from enterprise car hire on 16/05/13 for one week as replacement for insurance repairs, was promised by receptionist car would arrive between 3.30 and 4pm, I stated I had an appointment at 7.00 pm, car didn't arrive until 6.00 pm (appointment was 90 minutes drive away) unwashed on outside, a brief walk around pointed out a scrape on rear bumber was informed not too worry about it 'we already are aware of it'' returned car a week later washed to be informed that a scrape on front wing was my responsibility and that we are going 'to run your card for £250.00' unknown to enterprise,card was invalid thankfully so still fighting it out with them

• Poor

Condition of vehicle

Bigape's Comment

Written on: 18/06/2013

yeah they have done similar to me finding a chip in the windscreen well below eye level that I am sure was there before I hired it...lesson learnt go over any future hire cars with a magnifying glass before you accept one and get them to agree in writing to any defects found...would I intentionally use them again NO NO NO....

Collisk's Comment

Written on: 04/07/2013

Similar thing has just happened to me... Am absolutely fuming! Had a hire car delivered yesterday from the Scotswood Road Branch Tyne and Wear as my car has gone in for insurance repairs as someone crashed into me.
Firstly I specified that I needed a hire car delivered at 9am as was due to go out, the car never arrived until 10:40. Secondly, the car they delivered was not a like for like vehicle (I drive a Ford Focus and they delivered a VAuxhall Corsa). This was no good to me as I have three kids (a 3 month old baby who needs a car seat, a 3 year old and 7 year old who all need booster seats) and the baby also has a pram. The pram would not fit in the boot without one of the seats being folded down, this resulting in the kids not fitting in the back! Thirdly, when the car was delivered the man tried to get me to sign that there was no damage to the vehicle before I had even checked! I said to him that i wanted to check the vehicle as i have heard of people complaining about car hire companies and people getting charged for damage when they bring the vehicle back that they havent done! I then went around the vehicle to check and pointed out a few scratches to which his response was ' things like that we don't account for as they can be t cut out' so I went with his word and just ignored any little scratches. Big mistake... I now wish I had recorded any slight scratch as I have brought the vehicle back today to swap for a larger vehicle and they are trying to charge me for a scratch which is on the passenger front arch. Now we have had this vehicle for 24 hours and most certainly have not done this damage. I am absolutely furious and never want to have a rental car again but I don't know what to do now as I am without a car and have 3 children and don't know how long its going to take to repair min. :-(((